Participants in last year’s Dundee GovJam said:
“I loved the collaboration, the iterative approach and the whole learning experience.”
“Everyone really engaged with the process – probably mainly due the support and energy from the facilitators.”
“It has enabled me to be bolder at approaching change from a personal perspective and in the workplace.”
“The mentors are hand picked, knowledgeable, nurturing and empathetic to giving everyone a truly transformational experience.”
“Over the next few weeks we will be re-designing our monthly team meeting and using the jam experience to work with all areas of the council.”
By taking part in Dundee GovJam you will gain considerable skills and knowledge that you can bring back into your professional work. You will also be credited in this through our Open Badge scheme. You can also expect to build your local and international network.
The key benefits of taking part in GovJam are:
- Learn how to design a new service and get user feedback in an agile way.
- Acquire new skills and knowledge in service design you can use in your work.
- Understand effective methods for seeing services through users’ eyes.
- Develop your team-building and collaboration skills on a local and global level.
- See the benefits of making prototypes to test ideas.
- Experience hands-on learning and practice of design-thinking and creative skills.
- Build your creative confidence.
- Make new friends and expand your professional and creative network
As a participant you will also gain Open Badges – digital certification of the skills and knowledge you have gained by participating in Dundee GovJam. These will be issued by Dundee & Angus College, and can be displayed online through LinkedIn and/or online portfolios to share with employers.
During the two days of GovJam you will be supported and mentored by a highly experienced team who will introduce you to new methods and support your team working. We will also have some special guests providing short inspirational talks.